Thursday 11 July 2019

He Loves Me


“Sweetheart, I need to tell you something.” 

Jamie’s voice was gentle as he knelt on the floor beside where I was lying on the bed.

“I saw the MRI report that was done after your surgery. The next largest tumor is 2.5 cm, and it’s in your cerebellum. It's inoperable...”

My heart dropped into my stomach.

“...I wish they told us that in the hospital.”

Two hot tears dropped onto my pillow.

Silence.

Sobbingly I said, “I didn’t know life would be like this.”

He tenderly rubbed my cheek.

“It’s so hard, Jamie. I’m glad I didn’t know in advance, though.”

He put his head down on the bed. There we bowed before God, too weak to think thoughts or pray.

Then something hurtled into my heart. Deeply I felt it penetrate.

God loves me.

A conviction I’ve never known before.

He loves me.

The tears fall freely now.

This road could get more difficult. We need your prayers and faith to carry us even now, as the symptoms daily increase. We need the wisdom God promises to know what to do next. We need peace and freedom from fear as we endure this fiery trial. But God loves me. And Jamie. And my precious children Jedidiah, Abigail, and Caleb. And you. He is with you and me always, to the very end. “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Because He can’t. He can’t take us hurting. He can’t let us go through it alone.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me... .”Ps 23:4

12 comments:

  1. Prayers Lifted Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you love and sending up many prayers. God DOES love you and feels everything you feel. He has you, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Gods got this” that’s what my mom always said about hers and I know he has yours as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no human words! Whatever the fiery trial, we know God can be trusted. Trusted in life. Trusted in death. Trusted to save us. "I will be with you alway, even to the end of the age." So many have been praying so hard, Shallena and Jamie. Unfortunately, Satan is responsible for bad things happening to good people. Someday God will make it all right; until then TRUST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you are loved and cherished. Jesus is by your side and angels are surrounding you every moment. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Covering your precious family with prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shallena and Jamie, you are thick in my heart and prayers. I have thought about the mountain you are facing, and how the fear can be constantly whispering in the background. I pray that the strength of this conviction that God laid into your heart and mind will bear you up as you walk a narrow path.

    “God, listen to my shout, bend an ear to my prayer, when I’m far from anywhere, down to my last gasp, I call out, ‘Guide me up High Rock Mountain!’...Let the days of the [queen] add up to years and years of good rule. Set her throne in the full light of God; post Steady Love and Good Faith as lookouts.” Psalm 61: 1-2, 6-7

    Continuing to bring this prayer before God. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our prayers continue for you, Shallena, Jamie, Jedidiah, Abigail, and Caleb. We especially pray for the peace, direction, and freedom from fear that you are asking for. Thank you for sharing the assurance you received of God's love for ALL of us. We CAN trust HIM because HE IS LOVE. God is all about relationships. He made them precious! May your relationship with God, your beautiful family, and the community that supports you, give you strength to face whatever this life brings.

    ReplyDelete